Friday, May 3, 2013

Land of Dreams Book Launch


The day finally arrived! My book launch for “Land of Dreams” the final instalment in my “Ellis Island Trilogy.” It was time to say goodbye to Ellie, my heroine who started her journey in a little town in the west of Ireland and ended up in the glamorous world of Hollywood. It was fitting then that my launch took place in a beauty salon. The fabulous girls in Purity Hair and Beauty Salon, in Ballina donated their space and time to help me pull it off. They along with my fabulous assistant and interns and Ballina Arts Centre had the place ready for a night of Books, Beauty and Pizzazz.



A wonderful group came out in support of me which I am so grateful for, it was fabulous to meet new and old faces and share my work with them. Vintage-inspired make-up brand ART DECO were on hand to provide a make-up masterclass where one of my TY interns proved a willing model and looked absolutely gorgeous with kohl-rimmed eyes and red lips.



I took to the stage and read a couple of passages from “Land of Dreams” which was emotional as it hit home that my time with Ellie on the printed page was over even though she would always live on in my mind.


Afterwards everyone enjoyed a glass of wine and snacks and the treatment rooms were left open and the staff were happy to answer any beauty related questions.



The wonderful staff from Eason books were on hand to help sell a range of my books which I spent the night signing!

A “Best Dressed” competition was held with the winner in a gorgeous genuine vintage frock recieving a make-up hamper from Purity.
 


I had such a wonderful time and I want to thank everyone who helped to make it a night to remember! 

No comments:

Post a Comment